General Management: Facing the Acceleration of Change
The worldwide balances were redrawn and strongly remodeled by digital, disruptive innovation and new competitive games. Regardless of your activity sector, the workplace is being transformed, upsetting knowledge, expertise and the relationship of employees to the company. Decision makers are seeing their strategies strongly impacted by these clashes. In order to develop, the company must learn to open up and to be constantly renewed by taking into account the renewal of its ecosystem.
The management teams are facing multiple clashes which are transforming the relationship to time, space, practices, skills, discretion, to the participants in the economic chain and to business lines, etc. The first clash is certainly the digital disruption and the arrival of new entrants with a value proposition focused 100% on the response to actual requirements of their client.
The technological investments are intensifying and are affecting the economy. Technology is redefining the value chains. As a consequence, directors must review their management models and enlarge their ecosystem in a competitive environment which is becoming more complex.
The challenges of General Management are huge since it is necessary to set the strategic direction of the company and to produce results. Facing the complexity of their environment, the randomness of worldwide growth, they are going to have to reconcile paradoxical injunctions, uncertainties, success, contradictions, and right to make mistakes while remaining focused on performance and by giving meaning to the action.
They must be agile, fast, and permanently adaptable in order to put the company into movement and its fundamentals: vision, values, culture, engagement, HR, business lines, innovation, clients, results, profitability, etc. One of the challenges is also cooperation inside of the executive committees which require the deployment of a common culture and group and individual engagement without failure.
In this context, 10 key issues are at the center of the concerns of the General Management and are also strategic projects:
- To develop organic and external growth strategies at the same time
- To develop operating models and to accelerate the time to market
- To anticipate regulatory and fiscal questions in a transboundary context
- To optimize operations and cost control
- To make innovation into a lever of growth, productivity and client loyalty building
- To ensure financial growth, profits, and profitability
- To develop the attractiveness of the employer brand
- To increase the competitiveness of products/services
- To rethink the client experience
- To accelerate the digital transformation of their organization
The management teams must take risks while relying on permanent research of operational excellence. It involves releasing new operational leverage in the medium and long term, without neglecting to serve the short-term objectives
Ayming, the strategic partner of General Management in their operational performance:
We are experts in business performance involved in 4 key fields of expertise, with a proven approach of operational advice, in order to enable organizations and their employees to go further in their development.
Our teams clarify your strategic directions while assisting your Management offices to achieve optimal and sustainable operational results in the fields:
- Human Resources – we assist HR offices to become a value creation center. We optimize with them their processes (SIRH, culture and HR organization). We place engagement and the health of employees at the core of their HR performance system. We are giving them the resources to put into place efficient and appropriate prospective HR management (AI, smart data, absenteeism management, etc.)
- Innovation – we are accelerating your innovation and R&D projects by evaluating your maturity and by finding the best resources and partnerships in order to innovate. We are optimizing your processes and we are advising you about financing opportunities and public assistance (H2020, CIR etc.) that are the most appropriate for your research activities.
- Finance – we are reducing the weight of local taxation or international taxation due to your multi-disciplinary expertise on taxes and the VAT.
- Operations – we are mobilizing all of the leverage of the purchasing performance: of the definition of the strategies for implementation over the entire value chain. We assist with the transformation of your supply chain on dimensions that are at the same time human and technological (data science, digitalization, predictive maintenance, etc.).