R&D tax credit in the construction industry
As modern technology advances at high speed, the construction industry continues to face increasing complexities associated with modern infrastructure.
Despite the construction industry being one of the major contributors to the U.S. economy, many construction companies in the U.S. are not aware of the research and development tax incentives available to them. Others may be aware of R&D tax credits but aren’t necessarily taking full advantage of them.
Based on your existing foundation of development and ingenuity, we’re here to assist you in identifying the tax incentives that your company may be entitled to, helping you to build a stronger and more successful business.
What type of activities qualify for R&D tax credit?
The R&D Tax Credit is intended for businesses engaged in improvements to existing processes and incremental developments that move our country forward. Fortunately, this is exactly the aim of each and every new construction project.
Examples of qualifying activities in the construction industry include:
- Analysis of functional design to improve performance, quality, and reliability
- Gathering requirements and definition of specifications
- System detailing for constructability
- Construction process development or improvement
- Review of structure and facility design
- RFI and change order process to refined resign
- Determining alternate materials for construction
- CAD & BIM modelling
- Modelling of sub-system coordination
- Testing and commissioning of new or improved systems
Our industry experts help you claim the credit you deserve
Amongst Ayming’s team of tax credit consultants are those with hands-on experience and in-depth background knowledge of the construction industry – including its many sub-sectors. We take the time to truly understand how your construction company innovates, allowing us to expertly identify all qualifying expenditure that you are entitled to claim for.
Download your free factsheet
We’ve put together a valuable, streamlined summary of claiming R&D tax credits in the construction industry.
Simply fill in your details below to download your free factsheet and learn more about developing your business with R&D tax incentives.